It's been too long since I did a food blog, so here is my version of Alfredo Sauce.
1. I like Alfredo sauce best with Pramigiano AND Asiago cheese! It imparts a fuller, richer flavor to the finished product. Buy the hunks of cheese, don't get the pre-grated stuff, it has unsavory fillers in it. :(
2. The easiest and quickest way to grate hard cheeses is with a food processor. Mine is my Mom's 30+ year old Cuisinart! Start with the fine grating blade.
3. Now, this is still a bit rough for melting nicely so...
4. Insert this blade and pulse a few times.
Viola! Perfect size! Go ahead and grate the Asiago cheese as well, but I don't bother doing the pulse with it as it's much softer.
5. Melt two sticks of salted butter.
6. Add a hunk of cream cheese.
7. Mash the cream cheese up to help it melt faster.
8. Mince three cloves of garlic and add it to the butter and cream cheese.
9. Add the salt and pepper to your taste.
10. Throw in your cheese! Stir it around till it's nice and combined. I ended up adding a bit of heavy cream, maybe 1/2 a cup to improve the consistency. Cover, and leave it to cook on low heat.
Take the time to wash your dishes before you sink over flows!
11. Cook your noodles.
12. Cook your chicken.
13. Check your sauce, it should be just about ready! So serve it up and enjoy.